Of all the features you can add to your kitchen, fewer are more versatile (or flat-out useful) than kitchen islands. But what makes these kitchen features so great? Here’s a quick look at five key benefits of a kitchen island.
1. Extra Storage Space — If a lack of cabinet space is a problem in your kitchen, an island can be the perfect storage solution. The inclusion of drawers, shelves, and cabinets provides all the storage space you need.
2. Additional Seating — Whether they serve as an informal place to eat breakfast or provide extra seating space for when you have guests over, the additional seating area provided by kitchen islands is a major plus.
3. More Amenities — From refrigerator drawers to extra cooking areas, the customization available for wooden islands makes it easy to add new amenities so you can get even more out of your kitchen.
4. Kid-Friendly — Wooden islands are the perfect place for kids to have an after-school snack or work on homework while you’re preparing dinner—keeping them in sight, but not in the way of your cooking.
5. A Stylish Center — Kitchen islands aren’t just practical—they’re stylish, too! These areas can further highlight your kitchen design or even serve as a display area for flowers or artwork, helping this room stand out anytime someone comes over to visit.
At Swiss Valley Furniture, we’re proud to offer a lineup of fully customizable wooden islands to perfectly match the needs of your kitchen. Come by our warehouse to check out our practical and stylish designs today!